Set in the delightful Cotswold market town of Tetbury, The Close Hotel and Restaurant holds the enviable reputation of being one of the finest 16th century town houses in the Cotswolds.
Originally built in 1535 during the reign of King Henry VIII for John Steede a local Yeoman, the house has had many owners including Sir Thomas Estcourt, a wealthy wool merchant of the period, and became a hotel in 1974.
In Summer 2013 - Cotswold Inns & Hotels are delighted to announce their new ownership of The Close Hotel in Tetbury.
The Cotswold Inns and Hotels collection comprises of eight hotels all located in the beautiful Cotswolds. Privately owned, the individual style of each hotel is modelled on the quintisential English country home. The atmosphere at each is relaxing and friendly with an emphasis on good food and fine wine.
Work is currently progressing on some exciting investment and refurbishment plans for the Close Hotel which we plan to start this coming autumn – watch this space for more information
2 course lunch
3 course lunch